Vivint is one of the top home security and automation companies in North America. The company broke through many markets with innovative products driving them into direct competition with big security companies such as ADT and Comcast.
I was promoted to an operations manager going into my third year with the company as a result of being one of the top-ranking technicians in my first two years. My first year, I ranked in the top 10 installers (out of 800!) in the company. As a manager my job became much more than technical work and customer satisfaction. I was now responsible for recruiting individuals during the winter months and helping them become successful technicians for our summer program.
My Vivint experience taught me how to deal with a variety of personalities. I worked with homeowners who were tradespeople, CEOs, business owners, and from other walks of life. As an individual, I learned that with discipline and hard work anything can be accomplished, and as a manager, I learned how to create synergy and help others accomplish their goals. Some of my responsibilities were:
- Pay attention to detail to maintain top quality service and performance of staff
- Manage and control inventory – with none or minimal discrepancies at year end
- Produce and report expense reconciliations
- Train and mentor staff to achieve team goals
- Create incentives and help create goals for staff to achieve high productivity